Greenville Open Garden
Our Greenville Campus in Carrigtwohill will open their Gardens to the public on Saturday July 8th from 10am-5pm.
Greenville House in Carrigtwohill was the first service centre developed by the Cork Association for Autism. It was opened in 1991 and today provides Residential Care to 13 adults with Autism and a Day Service to 9 individuals.
In recent years, thanks to corporate funding and the generosity of the public we have been able to develop a stunning sensory garden at the centre to cater for the sensory needs of our clients.
The grounds of Greenville are beautifully kept by our horticulture team who also provide one on one therapies with clients. The team who work from a large glasshouse grow many exotic which will be for sale on the day, along with pottery pieces which have been handcrafted and produced at the centre. There will also be tours on the day so it is the perfect opportunity to come along and see the grounds and learn about the work which we do.
The event will be signposted from Carrigtwohill town and tickets cost €8 which can be purchased on the day at in the Glasshouse on the Greenville Grounds. Children under 12 go FREE. Entry fee will include tea/coffee and light refreshments.
Directions to Greenville
- Take Junction 3 signposted for Carrigtwohill
- Arriving in Carrigtwohill town, turn left on the Main St. at Jack Spratt’s Pub.
- Continue along this road, past the Church, and continue along, going over the hump-back bridge.
- After the bridge there is a Y-fork in the road, and take the road on the left of the Y junction.
- Greenville House is the second entrance on the right-hand side of that road.