JOB TITLE: Fundraising & Partnerships Manager
LOCATION: Cork Association for Autism Head Office in Carrigtwohill
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: n/a
CONTRACT: Permanent Contract
We are proud to present an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic senior person in fundraising and community engagement field to further their career by taking on a high profile role representing the Cork Association for Autism (CAA).
As Fundraising & Partnerships Manager you will play an integral part in managing the development and implementation of fundraising, local and international project applications, student and volunteer schemes, marketing strategies and building partnerships with a range of stakeholders, including corporate partners and government officials to maximise the potential for the charity.
We are looking for self-driven and highly energetic individual who works value based and understands the role of charities in the Irish disability field, prior knowledge of working with people with disabilities and their families would be highly valued. We are looking for someone who wants to grow and develop, has high motivation to work in benefit of the service users and has a mind for new initiatives but is equally capable of working as part of the management team.
The charity has developed into a leading provider of supports for adults with Autism and Asperger Syndrome in the region. Fundraising income and project funding are used for service development, capital development projects and new equipment and amenities at the CAA’s service centres which improve the quality of lives of service users and their families.
If the person develops and grows the role there is a possibility that the manager will work as direct supervisor to any future funding or/and administrative assistants.
Primary objectives of the role are to:
- Develop and implement the Fundraising and Marketing strategy to maximise income, donor value and donor loyalty.
- Develop and grow the annual fundraising income through new initiatives
- Manage the delivery of fundraising objectives through the development of strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including: parents, staff, volunteers, supporters, corporate partners and funding bodies using all available media.
- Manage all marketing and public relations activities for the Cork Association for Autism.
- Develop domestic and international volunteer and student schemes
- Setting up and managing domestic and international (such as EU innovation) projects through the life cycle of the projects and collaborate with the partners and operational management
- Create new corporate partnerships with local companies and multinational corporations
- Create relationships with governmental officials and research institutes where applicable
- Positively contribute to the overall running of the charity as an active member of the management team
Primary Objectives/Key Responsibilities
- Manage the development and implementation of the fundraising strategy which builds on existing campaigns and partnerships and grows new areas of income.
- Manage the rolling out of annual fundraising events including the associations well established Light it up Blue Gala Ball and Golf Classic.
- Secure funding through a variety of corporate fundraising relationships and techniques including charity of the year, employee fundraising, sponsorship and corporate social responsibility partnerships.
- Research and submit applications to grant bodies and develop long term partnerships with funding organisations.
- Run domestic and international projects and follow their reporting guidelines
- Build and maintain relationships with community groups and volunteers to ensure long-term loyalty towards the CAA.
Marketing & Public Relations
- Create and implement creative marketing campaigns and communications strategies which build support for the charity.
- Public relations role involves organising photo shoots, writing and issuing news releases, liaising with media, conducting interviews and organising official openings.
- Management of all online activity including: website, social media, iDonate and the quarterly supporter ezine.
- Submit award applications and attend networking events to raise awareness of the organisation.
- Ambassador and public speaker at CAA fundraising events and cheque presentations.
- Conduct official project reports
Student and Volunteer schemes Management
- Oversee the development and motivation of volunteer groups who can assist with different aspects of fundraising, including fundraising committees and local branches.
- Provide training/information to volunteers as required in respect to fundraising activities.
- Develop domestic and international student and practical volunteer schemes
- Manage any possible students, volunteers and possible assistant staff reporting to the position by effectively training, evaluating, motivating, delegating and monitoring their activities.
- Conduct performance management in line with directed procedures.
- Show positive example of self-management and working with integrity in all activities whether internal or external to the organisation.
Stakeholder Management & Reporting
- Proactively forge effective working relationships with parents, staff, and senior management, volunteers, donors, corporate and grant bodies.
- Create new partnerships and keep records / database of all partners to the organisation
- Effectively manage all project reporting
- Develop fundraising reports and analysis for the senior team monthly meetings and an annual report for each financial year.
Financial Management & Governance
- The Role will be responsible for the annual fundraising budget working to challenging financial objectives agreed in consultation with the Board of Directors, in line with the requirements of the Association.
- Set new targets and ability to meet them by creating innovative new fundraising and engagement initiatives and projects.
- Oversee the maintenance of necessary systems to support fundraising in conjunction with the Finance department.
- Keep up to date with all legislative changes and policies in respect of their duties and role in particular guidelines contained in the Charities Act along with Charity Regulator and EU -requirements.
- Ensure all fundraising department activities and procedures are in line with the Code of Conduct set out in the Guiding Principles of Fundraising.
- Work to continuously improve the CAA’s operations so as to minimise the risk of reputational damage and to firmly establish the CAA as a charity of choice.
- Always work in line with the GDPR regulations and respect the highest level of confidentiality of all clients and other service stakeholders.
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE||· An established professional with a proven track record of individually managing a minimum of 100k +fundraising annually
· Minimum of 3 years professional experience in a similar fundraising, marketing or communications role.
· Full driving licence and own car with full company indemnity
· Capable working on flexible times
· Organising large scale happenings for fundraising
· Experience managing set of funding applications and reporting structures
· Minimum of working knowledge of complex account systems
· Working knowledge of students and volunteer schemes and supervising staff
· Experience in disability field and with service users and families is a benefit
· Experience on managing EU funded projects
· Managing social media accounts and marketing materials
· Experience of developing and delivering fundraising/sales and marketing strategies.
· Experience building partnerships and networks with various stakeholders in the community, national and international level where required.
|KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES||· An experienced Project Manager who is comfortable working on a number of projects simultaneously.
· Proven track record of running successful events and schemes
· Excellent people management skills and interpersonal skills, team player
· Excellent organisational and planning skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to motivate and enthuse staff, volunteers and supporters.
· High standard of numeracy and budgeting skills.
· Ability to engage in public speaking and give presentations.
· High standard of computer competency and literacy (especially Microsoft and accounting programs).
· High knowledge of social media (new video streaming and social media sites especially as marketing methods)
· Capacity to engage and communicate with corporate side professionals and seek opportunities for new fundraising and charity activities for new partnerships
|PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES||· A person with a capacity to independently set high goals for their own performance and work self-driven to achieve set targets
· Highly innovative and creative person, constantly looking for new avenues to generate revenue streams and novel opportunities
· A creative and proactive approach to all areas of work.
· Ability to maintain strong partnerships and relationships with key supporters.
· Strong team working orientation, with the ability and social skills to work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
· Positive and enthusiastic attitude and flexibility mindful of the needs of the Association.
· Ability to work under pressure
· Excellent attention to details
· Excellent communication both in verbal and written language in English
|OTHER||· Willing and able to work occasional evenings and weekends to support fundraising events.
· Working permit in EU countries
· Willing to travel nationally and internationally where required, might need to do longer work travelling
Base Salary: €40,000 – €45,000 dependent on experience and qualifications, with attractive commissions for hitting targets (€5,000 annually and upwards).
Applications and Information:
Email your Curriculum Vitae along with a cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role to Sarah Jane Lee (email@example.com) stating the job title in the subject line of your email. Please include your salary expectations in your email.
Candidates can contact Carmel O’Halloran, the Finance Manager, in confidence with enquiries on the role by calling 086-1425760
The closing date for receipt of applications is 16.00 pm on 15-09-2018